Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Vinnie interview

  1. #1
    Inactive Member davfrancis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 1st, 2002
    Posts
    269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Just bought issue two of uk drum mag "Drummer"

    The cover story is a Vinnie interview.

    A copy will shortly be winging its way to you Randy... a recuperation present!

    All you Brits - BUY IT. All you non-Brits........ befriend a Brit!!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member davfrancis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 1st, 2002
    Posts
    269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    .... and get them to send you a copy!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Randy walker's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2001
    Posts
    2,662
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thank you Dave............I look forward to reading it!
    Gotta run, follow up with the surgeon today..

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Randy walker's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2001
    Posts
    2,662
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thank you Dave............I look forward to reading it!
    Gotta run, follow up with the surgeon today..

  5. #5
    Inactive Member jonthibault's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 6th, 2002
    Posts
    374
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Looks pretty cool. Here's the link:

    http://www.drummer-mag.com

  6. #6
    Inactive Member palmerlouie's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 18th, 2002
    Posts
    785
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Its cool to finally have a REAL player on the cover of a UK magazine.....however.....they got hold of the man himself and only asked him 5 or so questions....what a waste!!! youe got hold of one of the greatest drummers ever, and also the hardest to get hold of, and the interview was 3 pages of pics??? in modern drummer they have 3 or 4 major interviews all of which are very long.....5 or 6 pages full of writing....THATS how it should be!!

  7. #7
    Inactive Member davfrancis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 1st, 2002
    Posts
    269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I quite agree.

    At least when Rhythm did a cover story a few years back there was a little more content.

    I think Robyn Flans always gets great stuff from interviewees... and Modern Drummer are overdue for a Vinnie Cover story so I'm appealing to anyone with links to MD to try and get things moving - else I'll have to start a petition going.

    On a lighter note I notice Vinnie being photographed in the same T-shirt over and over, he even wore it when he was meeting and greeting at NAMM in January... maybe its his lucky shirt...

    ...Maybe if I get get that same T-shirt I'll be able to.... aaahhhh forget it!

  8. #8
    Inactive Member UKdrums's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 2nd, 2003
    Posts
    12
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I agree that it is a rather feeble interview. I was hoping that they would have afforded the man a little more than 3 or 4 pages.

    Allthough having said that, there are some amamzing quotes from Vinnie about his attitude to the 'fastest gun' attitude. He's just not interested in it.

    He also prefers to play in the studio as there isn't an audience there to visibly judge him!

    Dynamite!

  9. #9
    Inactive Member palmerlouie's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 18th, 2002
    Posts
    785
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    surely weckl is also well due a MD cover story.....when was he last on....??

  10. #10
    Inactive Member davfrancis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 1st, 2002
    Posts
    269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Weckl was the subject of an MD cover story not so long back.

    I think he's been a cover feature twice since vinnie's last major appearance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •